Be careful with Wishes

If you could wish for anything, what would it be? Each day people play the lottery, wishing to win the million dollar jackpot. They think money will bring them happiness. Once they are wealthy, they find that the money is really not the path to happiness. The Third Wish is about finding happiness, but in a different way than expected.
While reading The Third Wish I wondered what to wish for? Thoughts of new clothes, shoes, and jewelry danced in my head. Would those luxuries lead to total happiness? That was an overwhelming thought. In the end these possessions would not make me happy. What I’ve learned about myself is that I’m happiest when I’m helping others. When you help other it makes you feel better about yourself. Every time I helped someone I felt so good I decided to do more to help . I would rather be a giver than a receiver.
There is saying, “Be careful what you wish for.” Dreams of wealth or items are not really going to make you happy. It’s what you do with the wish that brings happiness, so maybe wishing is not something you do for yourself, but for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment