My Declaration of Independence

I, Paige Alexandria Mertens, find it necessary to declare my independence from my sister, Madelyn Carol Mertens. While we are part of a family, and will remain family, I find it time for each of us to be our own person.

As the only two sisters in the Mertens family, many people confuse us. I am declaring my independence for the following reasons:

As the first born, I got the looks first. Therefore I shall be the blond, and Maddie can be a brunette or redhead.

Furthermore, I will continue to have first option for all new clothes styles.

Be it sports, we shall each have our own area of expertise. I hereby claim that in soccer, I am the defender. For basketball Maddie can be the rebounder. (She
did get the height after all. I'm willing to let her keep it!).

When it comes time to drive, I shall be the one to drive the sensible, yet safe
SUV. Maddie can get the first speeding ticket.

Since there are so many colleges to choose from, we shall each choose our own college and major. Visiting each other at school is permitted.

As far as boyfriends are concerned, neither own of us shall have one until we are 21 years of age (so says my Father). But I want one at 16!!!!

The following grievances that I have with my sister shall no longer occur:

There shall no longer be entry into my room for the purposes of taking my things.

All chores and clean up shall be equally shared between the sisters.

From this day forward we shall each have equal time in the bathroom.

Each sister shall have equal time with Mother and Father.

From today on I am an independent person from my sister. My parents will no longer confuse the two of use. No one will accidently call me Maddie. I am Paige Alexandria Mertens, and proud of it. (I will however trade clothes for the perfect outfit each day.)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha Paige that is so funny. Declaring declaration from your sister was a good idea.I liked the first thing you said how you would be the blood and she would either a brunnete or a red head. That made me laugh. Also when you said ( I will however trade clothes for the perfect outfit each day.) That was funny. You made me want to declare my own declaration from my sister, though I declared it against school. Keep writing because this piece; even though for social studies was still very good.

    ReplyDelete