A Child's Relationship

The story of Romeo and Juliet portrays a mother-daughter relationship that can only be described as awkward. In act one scene three Lady Capulet appears to be bossy and just wants Juliet to marry Count Paris. However Juliet doesn’t seem to want to want or care about marriage at the time of the conversation. When her nurse called her at the beginning of the scene Juliet answered like it was her real mother, and not her birth mother. When the nurse told her it was her actual mother calling her Juliet immediately straighten up and started to act like a proper lady instead of the teenager that she is. It seems to me that she likes the Nurse more than her own mother, because once her mother give birth to her she basically give Juliet over to the Nurse to be taken care of. If that was me I would be very mad with my mother because she didn’t even take the time to take care of me herself.
Now my relationship with my mother is totally different than Juliet’s. My mother was always there for me when I needed help, and her opinion is very important to me. Unlike Juliet’s mother my mother raised me along with my father and I rarely ever had a babysitter. Thanks to my mother I learned how to cook, how to sew, and how to do CPR way before a lot of kids my age did. Without her a lot the problems I had with my friends, family, school, and fashion emergency would never had been solved.
I believe that a child’s relationship with its parents or parent does affect how the child acts. If the parent treats the child madly then the child will become a bully at school. Why, because the child can’t take his or hers angry out on the parent so the child’s angry turns towards smaller children that can’t protect themselves. If the parent treats the child nicely and give it everything it wants then the child will think that is the way with everyone. Well it’s really not and when the child doesn’t get what it wants it throws a fit. There is a lot research that shows what I just said. So in order to have a child who isn’t spoiled and isn’t a bully you need to give it a little bit of what it wants but also teach it that needs come before wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment